People are known for formulating first impressions quickly. A recent article at Forbes.com stated that it takes people merely 7 seconds to formulate their first impressions. Guests who visit your children’s ministry will form their first impressions just as quickly during their first visit, if they haven’t already done so before their arrival. Here are 15 places your guests are getting their first impressions of your children’s ministry during their first time attending:
1. Your website/social media.
3. Appeal and cleanliness of the building.
4. Orderliness of the classrooms.
5. Smell of hallways and rooms.
6. Volunteers’ commitment and attitudes.
7. Your logos and publicity material.
9. Their child’s answers to their most common questions– Did you have fun? What did you learn?
10. Ease of picking-up their child.
11. Ease of navigating the building/signage.
12. Atmosphere of the building/people.
13. Availability of the children’s ministry staff/leaders.
14. Follow-up procedures after their visit.
15. Your children’s ministry’s reputation in the community.
If you are interested in learning more about the importance of guest first impressions, be sure to check out these resources:
How is your children’s ministry doing in first impression areas? Can you think of any other places guests might get their first impressions? Leave your opinions in the comments!