I’m always looking for great ways to share the Gospel with children and illustrate truths with object lessons. Here’s how you can share the Good News of Jesus using a pack of markers such as this:
Similar to the Wordless Book Gospel message, each color represents something important in the story of Redemption.
- Brown- God created everything, including us. God made us in His image from the dust of the earth. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:7)
- Black- We sinned, which separated us from our relationship with God. God is holy and can’t be around sin. (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23)
- Red- Because God loved us so much, He sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for us and take our punishment for sin. (Romans 5:8)
- Orange- Jesus was buried and stayed in the tomb for three days. On the third day, when the sun came out, Jesus was alive! (Matthew 28:6)
- Purple- When we repent of our sins and put our trust in Jesus, we become children of God and are a part of His royal family! (1 John 3:1)
- Blue- Once we have made the decision to repent of our sins and trust Jesus, we need to follow Him in believers’ baptism. (Acts 2:38)
- Green- Just like a plant grows big and strong, as Christians, we should keep growing closer to God and learning more about Him. We do this through reading and obeying the Bible, worshipping Him, and telling others about Him. (2 Peter 3:18)
- Yellow- One day, when Christians die or when Jesus returns, they will get to be with God forever in Heaven! (John 3:16)
The great thing about this method is that almost every child has markers, so this could be used at church, school, home, etc. Be sure to share this idea with any leaders, teachers, or parents that you know by using the social media links below!