Speaker: Dannah Gresh
- If we haven’t reached kids by their 14th birthday, the statics of reaching them are drastically reduced.
- “What you believe by your fourteenth birthday is generally what you die believing.” – George Barna
- Children’s ministry is resourcing parents to reach their children.
- What makes life-long believers is what mom and dad believe.
- Phases of Moral Development
- Copy Cat (Ages 3-6)- Do what mom and dad do.
- Counseling (Ages 7-12)- Want/Need to know why they should do what mom and dad do.
- Coaching (Ages 13-17)- Want/Need to know what mom and dad have to say about what they are doing.
- 3 Ways to Resource Parents to Minister to Their Children
- Instead of asking parents to serve in your ministry as volunteers, ask them to serve as parents.
- Resource them for family devotions.
- Have events and program options for families.