Tweetable Leadership, written by Jim Wideman, is a collection of more than 500 leadership truths that can be applied to almost any children’s ministry leadership situation. These quotes and thoughts from Jim are sure to leave you thinking about how you can apply smarter leadership decisions to your ministry.
Jim Wideman is a trusted, well-versed, children’s ministry pioneer who has written a plethora of books on the subject. Chances are if you calling is children’s ministry, then you have heard of Jim Wideman. You probably even already own one of his books. This book is different than his others, however. This book can be read in a variety of ways. You can sit down and spend a bit of time reading this book all at once, or you can spend a little bit of time, reading these quotes individually and searching for how they may apply to your situation in ministry. Here are some topics Jim covers in this book:
- Setting an example in leadership.
- Developing a biblical worldview in your children.
- A growing leader is a learner.
- Keeping life simple.
- AND MORE!
I like to always include photos of books’ table of contents so you can see what to expect in each book. Here’s the table of contents for Tweetable Leadership:
- Contains a wide variety of children’s ministry information.
- Can be read all at once, or in small increments.
- Almost all of the leadership quotes will never become outdated.
- Written by a trusted source in children’s ministry.
- Has space for writing your own notes and thoughts.
- E-book version available.
If you have read my other book reviews, you’ll know that I believe no book is perfect, aside from Scripture. That being said, here are the cons I noticed:
- Size and shape of the book makes it a bit difficult to hold when reading (probably more true with the paperback version).
- This book is written in a much different style than Jim’s previous books, so this may be a con for you if you are looking for a traditional leadership book.
Tweetable Leadership is the “Proverbs” of children’s ministry. It is packed full of leadership insights that, with application, will make you become a better leader. It is easy and simple to read, but powerful and life-changing. Every book by Jim Wideman’s should be in your library, and this one is no exception!