Ministry to children with special needs is important! One of the growing needs in children’s ministry today is the need to provide better ministry to children in these situations. With 13% of K-12 students receiving special education, and 38% of students having a learning disability, the demand for some type of special needs ministry is very evident. Take a look at the info-graphic about Special Education, below, created by USC Rossier.
If would like more information about ministering to children with special needs, check these resources out:
- Leading a Special Needs Ministry: A Practical Guide to Including Children and Loving Families
- Special Needs, Special Ministry
- Special Needs Ministry for Children: Creating a Welcoming Space for Families Whose Children Have Special Needs
- Special Needs Smart Pages: Advice, Answers and Articles About Teaching Children with Special Needs
- Children’s Ministry Pocket Guide to Special Needs: Quick Tips to Reach Every Child
Do you think special needs ministry is important? What does your church do to reach these children? Leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!